Welcome to Jc - Scape!

Please log-in if you already have a JCscape forum account,

If you don't, please register!

Best regards, JCscape staff.
Welcome to Jc - Scape!

Please log-in if you already have a JCscape forum account,

If you don't, please register!

Best regards, JCscape staff.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Portal*Portal*  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Navigation
 Index
 FinalX
 Server Status
Who is online
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 167 on Mon May 18, 2009 10:33 pm
Top posters
♫ Steven ♫ (1243)
How to Start a Server I_vote_lcapHow to Start a Server I_voting_barHow to Start a Server I_vote_rcap 
Jamie (1112)
How to Start a Server I_vote_lcapHow to Start a Server I_voting_barHow to Start a Server I_vote_rcap 
Norway (1110)
Immense Jelly <3 Obliv (1072)
Mod Robbie (984)
J A M I E (832)
Oblivious (780)
Disturb3d (760)
ErenGurkan ツ (740)
James (710)

Advert

Interested to advertise at jcscape.org? Contact Evanna@graphicscene.net

How to Start a Server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The Soul
The Soul

Number of posts : 8
How to Start a Server Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How to Start a Server Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-12-31

How to Start a Server Vide
PostSubject: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:53 am

Downloading WinRar

To start off, we'll download Winrar. Winrar is a program in which you can use to extract files from .rar format, you may download it here

Downloading and Installing Java

After you have done so, we will need the latest version of the Java Development Kit found here. Once you have selected the latest version of Java Development Kit, there will be a question asking which platform you have, or operating system. After you have chosen your platform, you then need to agree to the terms and services and as the next page loads, click "Download Selected with Sun Download Manager". From then on out, let it install and you'll be okay.

Here are the steps below.

How to Start a Server Step1-2

How to Start a Server Step1-3

How to Start a Server Step1-1

Getting No-Ip

Well, if you're going to have your server remain public, you're going to have to get No-Ip. No-Ip is a free service where you can use for websites, or servers.

First, you're going to go here and register an account at the site. You will then click 'Your No-IP' at the top right corner of the page. Then you need to click the 'Hosts and Redirects' button. After you have done so, it will bring you to a page showing your listed domains that you have added, though if you haven't added any you're going to click 'Add a host'. After you have added your desired domain, you're going to need to download the No-Ip Duc, located if you click the button 'Download' on the main page. Like you have done before when downloading Java, you're going to need to select your operating system and let it download.

Pictures of the steps shown below.

How to Start a Server Step1-4

How to Start a Server Step1-8

Now once you have downloaded No-Ip Duc, run it and it should look like the picture below.

How to Start a Server Ok-5

Then all you need to check the box next to the domain you want people to log into, and you're good!

Setting up your Environmental Variables

Environmental variables are what allows you to run your server with Java, without it you would simple get 'The path is not yet specified' so this is an extremely important step. We will firstly open 'My Computer' and click 'View System Information'. As you do this, a small applet displaying several tabs, and you will select the one that says 'Advanced' and at the bottom, click 'Environmental Variables'. Now what you're going to do, is go to your 'Path' and 'Classpath' variables and edit them.

In your Classpath variable, you're going to take everything currently inside it and edit it with your latest version of JDK, so right now it would be;

Code:
CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin;%CLASSPATH%;

Though if a newer version comes out, you would change the 'jdk1.6.0_11' to the newest version.

After you have done the Classpath variable, you're going to find the Path variable and add the code below inside it.

Code:
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin;

The same goes for Path, if you download a newer version of JDK then you're going to change the 'jdk1.6.0_11' to your current version.

Downloading a source/base

We're going to need to have something to start from, so choose one from the download section here. The base you've downloaded could be anything you want, it's your choice. Now when you had downloaded the Winrar program earlier, this is where you'll be using it. Once you have found the base of your choice, you will need to go into the base file, and once you've done so you need to right click it and click 'extract'. Once it's done extracting, you then are free to roam about your source.

Steps are shown below.

How to Start a Server Step2-1

How to Start a Server Step2-2

How to Start a Server Step2-3

PortForwarding

From what I've seen from many of you members is that PortForwarding is the hardest step to comprehend, so I'm going to try Razz. As I have an old router I may still attempt showing you how, though if anyone feels they may give me pictures of their router that would be great.

First of all, portforwarding is merely a step to allow people connecting to your computer, but in this case it's for connecting to your server. We will first start off by opening your command prompt or 'cmd' through your startup window and typing 'ipconfig' which will bring up a list of details relating to your computer, but all we really need is your default gateway. You can find your default gateway if you scroll down, so once you have done that, open up your internet browser and type it in. This will then bring up your router page, and you will need to click something like 'Applications and gaming', though mine just says 'Firewall'. After you have clicked this, you need to add a new user defined application. Any name is compatible, as long as you follow the syntax shown below and set the application to 'hosted'.

How to Start a Server Step1-9

How to Start a Server Step2-4

How to Start a Server Step3-1
Back to top Go down
JC
Owner
Owner
JC

Number of posts : 64
How to Start a Server Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100How to Start a Server Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-04-29

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:55 am

Thank,You for the tutorial + Stickied.
Back to top Go down
muse
Newb
Newb
muse

Number of posts : 13
How to Start a Server Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100How to Start a Server Right_bar_bleue

Ingame username : Muse / Bizly
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:30 am

Shouldn't credit be given where credit is due? It's nice and all that your bringing some of the tutorials from other sites here but the owners put a lot of work into it and it wouldn't be fair if you claimed it as your own.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
я3и∂єя
я3и∂єя

Number of posts : 103

Ingame username : ~R3nder
~R3nder v2
Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:39 am

why do you think he blocked his ip out? -.-
Back to top Go down
JC
Owner
Owner
JC

How to Start a Server Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100How to Start a Server Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:15 pm

The Soul Created this tutorial 100% from like 1 year ago. i know him. And he dosen't leach, All tutorial's he post are his.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Veteran
Veteran
Ashley

Number of posts : 239

Ingame username : Ashley
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:03 pm

this is a cool tutorial. Hey guys, if you remember me, im back.. lol. i got the email about jc scape, and i just want to say hi. Heard you needed staff, and that would be cool. Ex-Mod/Forum admin. anyways, i was thinking of making my own server, so i just have this one question.: the .rar file, "test" is that like, what you would see in-game? like, you have the steps to making and starting the server, but how do you make the HUD, and the ingame screen? im confused... lol.

Ashley<3
Back to top Go down
muse
Newb
Newb
muse

Number of posts : 13

Ingame username : Muse / Bizly
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:23 pm

Liam` wrote:
The Soul Created this tutorial 100% from like 1 year ago. i know him. And he dosen't leach, All tutorial's he post are his.

I wasn't sure, I saw this tutorial on MoparScape a while ago.

Ashley wrote:
this is a cool tutorial. Hey guys, if you remember me, im back.. lol. i got the email about jc scape, and i just want to say hi. Heard you needed staff, and that would be cool. Ex-Mod/Forum admin. anyways, i was thinking of making my own server, so i just have this one question.: the .rar file, "test" is that like, what you would see in-game? like, you have the steps to making and starting the server, but how do you make the HUD, and the ingame screen? im confused... lol.

Ashley<3

None of the editing is done in-game, although some sources tell you what interface/buttons your using when you click them in-game so you can change them easier, you can also test animations and other things in-game, but the editing is done outside of the game in .java/.xml files, if your just starting you should get a more complete source and play around with that.
Back to top Go down
JC
Owner
Owner
JC

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:25 pm

The soul, Created the moparscape tutorial. As i said from like 1-2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
я3и∂єя
я3и∂єя

Number of posts : 103

Ingame username : ~R3nder
~R3nder v2
Registration date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:20 am

i remember you ashley
Back to top Go down
The Soul
The Soul

Number of posts : 8

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:13 pm

muse wrote:
Liam` wrote:

I wasn't sure, I saw this tutorial on MoparScape a while ago.

Yeah, I made this tutorial and posted there almost a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Echo_
Newb
Newb
Echo_

Number of posts : 4

Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:58 pm

This is The_Soul's Work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Start a Server   How to Start a Server Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Start a Server

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main Rsps :: Tutorial's / Config's Ect. -